About Our Parish

Our History

We are a Roman Catholic Parish of the Archdiocese of Boston. We are located just a few miles north of Boston in Revere, MA. In 1931, a group of Italian immigrants living in this still agricultural section of North Revere (now known of West Revere) and the Linden section of Malden, MA, purchased land on Washington street in Revere and constructed a chapel dedicated to St. Lucy, which existed as a mission of St. Anthony's Parish, also in Revere. As the residential area around the chapel developed, Richard Cardinal Cushing raised the mission chapel to the status of a Parish.

On June 16, 1947, the new parish was dedicated. A rectory was built and the Church was dedicated on July 3, 1948.

A Religious Education school building was built in 1965.

 

About Our Parish

Deeply committed to Jesus Christ, we endeavor to become a unified community of faith, worship, and service. We strive to be a warm, welcoming and caring parish in which the gifts and talents of all, young and old, are recognized and graciously used to nourish others.